Saturday 1 May 2010

So Much for That

I planned to spend the day totally captivated by Frodo Baggins and his adventure to Mordor but nope, the sun decides to come out which cues moaning from my mother. "Why are you staying in? Its so nice outside, go get some fresh air." Ugh. If I wanted to fresh air I'd open my bedroom window. But apparently thats not enough. I got through the Fellowship of the Ring and halfway through Two Towers (which just owns the trilogy) before my dear mum came back in creating. I just looked at her blankly and was all 'wuhhh??'. So in the end I ended up heading out. I rang my older cousin who works in Pineapple (oh the shame) and agreed to meet her after her shift finished at 4. Amazingly I turned up early - after running for the bus (how embarrassing, i dont run for buses, ever) - so I mooched around for a while and ended up in Waterstones naturally. I had 20 minutes to kill and ended up searching for a potential novel to read seeing as I'm nearing the end of my latest book which has been pretty awesome. I found one, and I'm sorry to say the only reason it drew me in was on the front it said "...are these the bones of King Arthur and Guinevere?" When I see stuff like this alarm bells ring and I have to have, call me a sucker for anything medieval, so what. So I bought i tand plan to read 'Relics of the Dead' by Ariana Franklin after I finish my book. By the time I'd finished paying I had another 5 minutes to kill and ended up in Thorntons and treated myself to a couple of bars of mint chocolate (well okay I have one to my cousin). What was meant to be a ridiculously cheap day turned out to be 20 quid more than I would have liked to have spent (after I'd bought some nice Ben and Jerrys for the freezer for later) and a top I really didnt need. I think I need a job... and quick...
Debating whether or not to carry on rewatching Two Towers? Hmm... I think the moments gone now. I would watch it tonight but I need to start getting back into watching Merlin - its been like 5 days! which isnt good. Sorry Frodo your going to have to wait...
 
>